Nicolas Pol was born in 1977 in Paris, France and spent much of his childhood in Africa before relocating to France, where he earned his degrees from the prestigious École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts, Paris and at the University of Cinema, Sorbonne Nouvelle, Paris.
Since 2001, Nicolas Pol has participated in numerous international exhibitions. Following successful solo shows at Alsopp Contemporary in London Pol's work was presented in several international large-scale exhibitions:
- 2009, The Martus Maw, New York
- 2010, The Mother of Pouacrus, London
- 2011, Sick Atavus of the New Blood, New York.
- 2012, NeverLodge, New York
- 2013, At Lehmann Maupin, New York
- 2013, After Modern Vermin Control, Milan
- 2014, Last Monark Leak, New York
- 2015, OSME Gallery, Vienna
Nicolas Pol´s art was also shown in prestigious institutions such as the J´en Rêve Fondation Cartier, the Plus Que Vrai ENSBA Salle des Quais in Paris and the Loic le Gaillard, London.
From October 1st to November 17, 2015, OSME Gallery is proud to announce Nicolas Pol's first solo exhibition in Austria. The exhibition will feature a selection of large-scale paintings on canvas and smaller drawings on paper by the Paris-based artist. For more information about the exhibiton click here.